SEO or search engine optimization is an important aspect of website marketing. But there are several myths about SEO that webmasters and search engine optimizers often fail to recognize. Whether you are planning to outsource the SEO or do it yourself, it is essential to know these myths. So, here are some of the biggest SEO myths you should know before you begin to optimizing a website.
- Search engine optimization can be performed just by anyone.
- SEO is only for those websites which sell products online.
- SEO companies can give their clients a guaranteed top ranking position.
- SEO gives an overnight result. You can optimize a website today and expect it rank well tomorrow.
- Build more links regardless of the quality.
- It is fine to copy content from other websites and paste it on to your own website.
- There is no need for you to write unique content for your website since you can just syndicate articles from directories.
- There is no need to work further once you have optimized your website.
- Search engine raniing is all that matters.
- The more links the better; quantity matters, not quality.
- There is no need to submit a website to web directories.
- A website does not need updated content.
- The search engines won’t know if you use black hat SEO techniques.
- Do it yourself SEO is better than hiring SEO professionals (this can be true if you are truly an expert yourself).
- Web design does not need to be optimized.
- The navigation of a website has no effect on its search engine ranking.
- Search engines must be given higher priority than the target market.
- There is no need for testing once a website is already optimized; let it stay that way.
- Site visitors already know how to browse a website; so don’t worry about usability.
- Flash is the best way to present your message.
- You can write anything you want to on your website.
- There is no need to add keywords in the website content.
- Adding more large-file images makes the site more appealing.
- It doesn’t matter if the website is slow to load; after all, there are now more broadband users than before.
- Why still optimize a website when it can be indexed by search engines on its own.
These are the top 25 search engine optimization myths everybody who maintains a website should be aware of. Some of them look more like a fact rather than a myth; so better be careful.
A very thankful article for us SEO worker here, thanks for sharing. We are always looking for this kind of articles.
This one helpful for digital marketing point of views for freshers as well experienced guys.
Good Post, thanks for sharing this valuable one.